It’s a must for new Admins!
Comprehensive and hands-on, our Salesforce Training Workshops are the core training that ensures your success with Salesforce. We recommend new administrators participate before starting a Salesforce deployment or when you need real world, practical advice and examples.
Who should attend this training?
Training is designed for:
- New system administrators responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of their organization’s Salesforce applications.
- Other groups that would benefit from deepening their knowledge of Salesforce, including power users, sales operations, and IT managers.
What you will learn
When you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Customize your application, including page layouts, fields, tabs, and business processes.
- Create a secure Salesforce environment.
- Maintain and import clean data.
- Create high-value reports and dashboards.
- Set up workflow automation.
Meet your instructor
Kyle brings over a decades worth of Salesforce experience to the table. Consulting for fortune 500 organizations, medium and small business alike. He has worked in some of the most regulated industries and new trend markets available. His expertise spans system implementations, business process consulting, sales consulting, project management, marketing automation, data migration, system integrations, mobile solutions and training.
Contact us to schedule your training.
Getting Around the App
- Understand the data model and navigation
- Find answers in Help & Training
Getting Your Organization Ready for Users
- Set up the company profile
- Configure the user interface
- Set up activities and calendars
- Configure search settings
- Set up Chatter
- Understand Salesforce1 settings
Setting Up and Managing Users
- Manage user profiles
- Create and manage users
- Troubleshoot user login issues
- Understand SalesforceA capabilities
- Set up Chatter Free and Chatter external users
Security and Data Access
- Restrict logins
- Determine object access
- Set up record access
- Manage record access with the role hierarchy
- Deal with record access exceptions
- Control access to events
- Manage field-level security
- Administer standard fields
- Create new custom fields
- Create selection fields: picklists and lookups
- Create formula fields
- Work with page layouts
- Work with record types and business processes
- Maintain data quality
- Import new records using import wizards
- Update existing records with the data loader
- Keep records up to date with Data.com and social accounts and contacts
- Mass transfer records between users
- Back up data with a weekly export
- Mass delete records
Reports and Dashboards
- Run and modify reports
- Create new reports with the report builder
- Filter reports
- Summarize report data with formulas and visual summaries
- Print, export, and email reports
- Build dashboards
- Manage email administration
- Set up workflow rules
- Automate leads and cases