The primary objective of this role is to add value for our customers, using your expert Salesforce knowledge combined with understanding a customer’s strengths and opportunities. ApostleTech provides an implementation support team so that the SFDC Consultant will have the resources and bandwidth necessary to reach outside-the-box to transform the client’s software experience. This role will:
- Have direct, professional interaction with clients – from leadership to end-user – to understand the functional and technical requirements necessary to build a high-integrity solution.
- Be the primary solution designer, with support from Project Manager and Salesforce Architect. Solution design includes best practices, assisting with UT scenarios, helping customers develop their UAT scenarios, and facilitating demos/proof-of-concepts after completing project milestones.
- Work closely with a Project Manager to communicate status updates, provide SFDC subject matter expertise for project epic/task development, and lead or assist with client meetings, including – sales, discovery, project kickoff and recurring project status meetings.
- Work closely with Development Team to provide business requirements, assist with UT scenarios, and ensure an end-to-end model of the solution is provided, to support quality technical solutions.
- End-to-end implementation support, providing Salesforce expertise to the client throughout the project lifecycle.
- Inside sales support, presenting value-add solution components to existing customers, while maintaining the scope of the current SoW.
- As-is, to-be analysis. Process documentation, including SOPs and workflows.
- Use excellent communication skills, written and oral, to support the implementation process, both internally from a Project Management perspective, and externally supporting our clients.
- Risk Management – identify and callout risk, and assist in developing a plan to reduce or mitigate the risk.
- Stay current on changes to Salesforce products, and technology, in general.
- Salesforce Administrator and at least ONE other consultant certification is preferred
- Knowledge across multiple industries is nice but not required. Understanding Business Process is a must
- Understanding of waterfall and agile project management methodologies
- Ability to contribute Salesforce knowledge to multiple complex and varying projects, concurrently. Time management and ability to prioritize and organize work. Attention to detail
- Excellent Listening, Written and Verbal communication skills. Experience leading meetings with participants ranging from C-level to end-user
- Experience gathering business requirements and documenting process, including creating workflow docs
- Competitive Compensation Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision